Manual of Medical infrared forehead thermometer
Thank you for purchasing this product. Please read the manual carefully before using it. The product is subject to the actual product. This manual contains instructions for use and technology.
Document No.: PD-WI-48
Please open the package carefully, check whether the accessories are complete and the components are damaged due to transportation according to the packing list below, and install and operate in strict accordance with the instructions. If there is any damage or operation question, please contact our seller or directly contact us. When you contact, you should provide the following information, the model, serial number, date of purchase, and your contact information and address.
2×AAA batteries (Optional)
Before using the thermometer, please read the following precautions carefully:
◆This product is not a substitute for continuous monitoring of body temperature。
◆The temperature sensor is a sensitive part of the infrared thermometer and must be protected carefully.
◆Do not discard the used batteries at will and send them to the designated environmental protection place for disposal, so as not to pollute the environment. At the end of the service life of the device, there may be situations where normal measurement is not possible. Random disposal of discarded medical electronic products may cause environmental pollution. The inspection shall be disposed of according to relevant laws and regulations.
◆When the product is not used for more than 2 months, the battery should be removed and stored.
◆ Do not immerse the product in water or expose it to the sun. which may cause damage or accelerate aging.
◆Do not shake or bump the product violently, it may cause damage or inaccurate measurement.
◆ The normal temperature range of the human body varies from person to person. It is recommended that individuals record daily measured values as reference values for fever.
Body temperature rises during exercise or emotional agitation, and measurement is not recommended at this time. Take a break for 20 minutes after exercise before taking measurement.
◆ After each use, it should be cleaned and stored in a dust-free, dry and ventilated place. When using this product.
● Avoid direct contact with the top of the temperature probe. There is a precision temperature sensor on the top.
● Avoid measuring in an environment outside the specified normal working environment, which will adversely affect the accuracy.
● Avoid storing and transporting in environment outside the specified storage and transport environment, which will adversely affect the accuracy.
●During use, if the thermometer is dropped or damaged due to carelessness, and the normal measurement reading cannot be provided, it is not recommended to continue to use, please contact the dealer or the manufacturer's after-sales service department for consultation and treatment. Don’t open or repair the device by yourself.
● This product cannot replace monitoring equipment for continuous monitoring of body temperature.
● It is dangerous to perform self-diagnosis and treatment through the measurement results, please refer to the diagnosis of a professional doctor.
● Do not modify this machine without the manufacturer's permission to avoid damage or safety hazard.
Do not charge or throw ordinary dry batteries into a fire to prevent the risk of explosion.
Non-professionals should not disassemble or repair the thermometer to avoid irreparable damage.
When measuring, please do not use mobile phones or other electromagnetic interference equipment in the surroundings.
It is forbidden to use this equipment in a mixture of flammable anesthetic gas and air or with oxygen and nitrous oxide.
Keep the thermometer out of the reach of children or pets
--The use of heat and cold producing devices, such as electric heating blankets, heating pads or ice packs, may impair the performance of device and increase the risk of injury to the patient.
-If you have any problems setting up, maintaining or using this device, please contact manufacturer or customer service. Please report to manufacturer if any unexpected operation or events occur. Don’t open or repair the device by yourself.
-- Changes to the device are not admitted.
-- The device does not require any calibration
--Manufacturer will make available on request circuit diagrams, component parts list etc.
--The operator shall not touch output of batteries and the patient simultaneously.
--Do not use the device if it is damaged/degraded/lessened in any way. --The continuous use of a damaged unit may cause contact injury, improper results, or serious danger.
---If you experience discomfort during the use, such as allergic re- actions or other complaints, stop using the device immediately and contact your physician.
--If a battery has been swallowed, seek medical attention immediately
-- When not in use, store the device in a dry room and protect it against extreme moisture, heat, lint, dust and direct sunlight. Never place any heavy objects on the storage case
- Keep the lens clean and well protection before using, soiled or damaged lens (infrared optical component) will adversely affect the accuracy
Infrared thermometer is intended to measure forehead temperature at home and in public. The thermometer can be used for children (aged more than 1year) and adults.
It has two measurement modes: Body mode and object mode, Body mode is an adjusted mode and object mode is direct mode.
Objects temperature measurements (eg. Rice paste temperature); Liquids temperature measurements (eg. Bath water for babies, milk);
Attention, consult accompanying documents
date of manufacture
Layer limited less than 4
Ingress of water and particulate matter
WARNING indicates that incorrect use may cause
inaccurate measurement results or damage to the
Indicates a general prohibition.
CAUTION Indicates that incorrect use may result in
personal injury or damage to the instrument.
Please dispose of the device / battery / packing in accordance with the legal obligation in your area.
(1) Product structure and composition
This product is mainly composed of plastic case, LCD display, operation
buttons, infrared temperature sensor, and circuit components.
(2) Measurement principle
Measure the infrared energy emitted from the forehead. This energy is concentrated through the lens and converted into a temperature value by a thermopile and a measurement circuit.
(3) Scope of application
Display the body temperature of the measured object by measuring the heat radiation of the human forehead.
(5) In normal use, the accuracy of measurements obtained with IR thermometers and contact thermometers are the same, but sometimes it may be affected by operators’ technique, anatomical variations, subject cooperation, etc. so suggest using the infrared thermometer according to the user manual strictly
• Product Composition
5) Set button
7) Battery Cover
. LCD Display Description
4) Happy face symbol (Measured temperature within 32.0 ℃- 37.5 ℃)
Precautions before measurement
1) --At least 30 min required of equipment to warm from the minimum storage temperature until it is ready for intended use,
2) --At least 30 min required for ME equipment to cool from the maximum storage temperature between uses until it is ready for intended use.
3) The body thermometer is suitable for indoor use, and the instrument itself and the test subject must not have a large air convection during the measurement (such as the wind from an electric fan, air conditioner, or heater);
4) This machine is sensitive to the ambient temperature, do not hold it with your hand for a long time;
5) Please make sure the sensor head is clean and unobstructed before use;
6) When measuring forehead temperature, please make sure that your forehead is not covered by hair, etc.
7) Please ensure that there is no intense mood, exercise, etc. before the measurement;
8) The test subject from one environment to the measurement environment, if the temperature difference is different, it is recommended to rest at least Measure over 10 minutes.
9) Preventive inspection before use
Please check the appearance of the device before use. If it is damaged, it is not recommended to continue using it.
Please check whether the battery of the device is sufficient before use. If the battery is low, it is recommended to replace the battery.
How to measure forehead temperature
• Batteries Installation
Press down and then backward at battery cover open, install 3.0VDC (two AAA alkaline batteries), close the battery cover. Please notice the positive and negative poles on the batteries. Do not reverse the poles.
• Ready for Measurements
Correct operation leads to accurate measurements, or else measurements errors may occur. In avoiding inaccuracies of the results, follow the instructions below:
8) If the device is not used for a long time, it should be place in the new operating environment for 30 minutes before measurements;
• Starting to Measure:
2) One 'beep' sound would be heard once the display is over, indicating the end of power-on measurements process. LCD would demonstrate the measured target's temperature. At the same time, the backlight would flash one color from green, yellow and red according to the setting;
When the temperature of high fever is set above the LCD display crying face, accompanied by 2 beeps alarm sound. This is to warn the patient his/her possibility of having a fever. To ensure the accuracy of the measurement, please wait at least 30 seconds after 5 consecutive measurements.
When measured temperature is <37.5℃, the LCD shows green backlight. One beep produced
When measured temperature ≥37.5℃ and ≤37.9℃, the LCD shows orange backlight, two beeps produced
When measured temperature ≥38.0℃, the LCD shows red backlight, two beeps produced
1) Mode switching
. Measurements range of “Object mode” ranges at 0~100°C
2) Temperature compensation setting
In the on state, Long（3 seconds） press the setting key to enter F1, and then press the ▲ and ▼ key to set the compensation temperature
3) High fever alarm temperature setting
then press the setting key again to enter F2, and then press the ▲ and ▼ key to set the alarm temperature. The machine default value is 38 degrees, once the measured value exceeds 38.0 degree, the screen light will turn to red.
4) Switch the units of Celsius and Fahrenheit
then press the setting key again to enter F3, and then press the▲ and ▼ keys to switch the temperature unit. You can switch the temperature unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
5) Turn on and off measuring sound
then press the setting key again to enter F4, press the▲ and ▼ keys to turn on and turn off the measuring sound.
In the on state, pressing the▲ and ▼ keys allows user to enter memorization mode. To query on previous memorized values.
1) larger serial number identifies earlier values, vice versa.
3)The device is capable for storing 32 measurement values totally. The previous data would be covered automatically according to time sequence.
LCD / Problems
Possible cause and solutions
Low voltage display, please replace the battery immediately
EEPROM abnormal, please send to the nearest service provider for maintenance
The value is above the measurements range selected, either exceeding 43.0 ℃ in body mode or exceeding 100 ℃ in object mode
The value is below the measurements range selected, either less than 32 ℃ in body mode or less than 0 ℃ in object mode
The sensor is not welded well, please send to the nearest service provider for maintenance
The ambient temperature is too high
The ambient temperature is too low
1, the temperature cannot be displayed, after the boot all display (4 "8" shape), where is the problem?
Answer： noncontact type infrared thermometer appears this kind of problem but basic judgment is the place that the battery power is insufficient to send, can by to replace new battery.
Answer: the possible reasons are as follows:
The reason for the Lo information
read the temperature when the hair or sweat
make sure there is no obstacle to the forehead.
Cool air blows on the forehead to
make sure that there is no cold air directly blows on the forehead.
The forehead has just been cooled
After the cold compress, wait for 10 minutes and then measure the measurement
distance is too far
the measurement distance is recommended to be 3cm~5cm
-When low-voltage symbol appears, Battery shall be replaced immediately.
-Press down and then backward at battery cover open, install 3.0VDC (two AAA alkaline batteries), close the battery cover. Please notice the positive and negative poles on the batteries. Do not reverse the poles.
-The batteries should be the same model or specification. Do not discard the used batteries at random. They should be disposed of in accordance with local environmental requirements.
1) After each use, you should clean the body and the temperature sensing head.
2) Please keep the thermometer in a dry, ventilated, dust-free and pollution-free place, avoid direct sunlight, and the storage and transportation environment should meet the requirements.
3) Regularly check the thermometer for potential safety hazards to ensure safe use.
4) If not used for a long time (more than 2 months), please remove the battery for storage.
5) If the body is dirty, wipe with a soft and clean cloth moistened with neutral detergent or a small amount of water.
6) The thermometer head of the thermometer can be wiped with a clean soft cloth, and the lens can be cleaned with a cotton ball.
DC 3V, 2×AAA Batteries
The typical service life of the new and unused batteries is about 3000 measuring times or 200 hours
Reference body site
About 1 second
℃/℉ can be selected
Body mode (Adjusted mode):
Object mode (direct mode):
32 sets of measurement data
149× 77 × 43 (L x W x H)
127 g (excluding battery)
About 50000 times
This infrared thermometer meets requirements established in ASTM Standard (E 1965-98) except 5.2.2. Full responsibility for the conformance of this product to the standard is assumed by Hunan Honggao Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Add.: Block 5, Comprehensive Industrial Park, Tenghui Pioneer Park, Nanxian Economic Development Zone, Yiyang, Hunan, China
The infrared thermometer has been tested and conforms to the standard ASTM E1965-98. ASTM laboratory accuracy requirements in the display range of 37 to 39 °C (98 to 102 °F) for IR thermometers is ± 0.2 °C (± 0.4 °F), whereas for mercuryin-glass and electronic thermometers, the requirement per ASTM Standards E 667-86 and E 1112-86 is ± 0.1 °C (± 0.2 °F)
Clinical accuracy characteristics and procedures are available from the manufacturer on request
Transport and Storage condition
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC): Ability of ME equipment or an ME system to function satisfactorily in its electromagnetic environment without introducing intolerable electromagnetic disturbance to anything in that environment. Immunity (to a disturbance): Ability of ME equipment or an ME system to perform without degradation in the presence of an electromagnetic disturbance.
The design and production of the System accords with the standards related electromagnetic compliance. The use of the System in electromagnetic environment may lead to degradation of performance, such as image quality degradation or system restart. If this often happens, it is recommended to check the use environment for possible disturbance source. The disturbance may come from other electrical equipment within the same or nearby room, portable and mobile RF communication equipment (such as cellular telephones or walkies-talkies), or nearby radio equipment, TV or microwave transmission equipment. If Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) occurs in the System, it may be necessary to take mitigation measures, such as relocating the System.
The System complies with EN60601-1-2: 2007
- In request for warranty service, please take the device to the dealers’ point
Manufacturer:/After-sales service unit: Hunan Honggao Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
* Special Statement: All the contents of this information are carefully reviewed. If there are any errors in printing and misunderstandings in the content, we reserve the right of final interpretation. If the product has technical improvement, it will be compiled into the new version of the specification, without notice, the appearance of the product, color changes, the physical object in the packing box shall prevail.